You wouldn’t go to a dermatologist when you fracture your leg in a soccer game. Similarly, you probably wouldn’t go to a lawyer who specializes in criminal law, when you are seeking will preparation or family mediation. Everyone specializes in something and you only want the professionals dealing with your family law issues.
Here are three reasons why you should seek one of our lawyers for family legal matters:
- Family law can be emotional: There is often quite an emotional component in family law and you’ll have a smoother experience working with a more compassionate lawyer who has experience in matters like yours and can make you feel comfortable.
- Family law can be tricky: Family law often involves more than just two individuals. Often entire families, including children are affected by family law decisions so it’s important to find a sensitive lawyer who will passionately consider all those affected by family law decisions.
- Family law is changing: A firm dedicated to family law is more likely to be up-to-date on changing rules and laws in this specific area of law, whereas a general law firm is pulled in too many directions to stay current on all law matters, and may not give enough attention to family law.
What can a family law practice help with?
Every family law practice offers different services, but at Dreyer and Associates, we specialize in guiding clients through:
- Divorce and separation: Divorce is unique for each person, but we’ve been helping couples navigate separation and relationship breakdowns for over 60 years of combined experience.
- Relationship agreements: This includes prenuptial agreements, separation agreements, and cohabitation agreements.
- Child support and Parenting Issues: In delicate matters involving children, we don’t use cookie-cutter legal agreements. Instead, we consider each matter on a case-by-case basis to negotiate the right arrangement with your children’s rights and needs in mind.
- Family mediation: We suggest trying to handle family legal matters in family mediation before going to court because it is a faster, and less costly approach in which you have more control over the outcome.
The sensitive, hands-on approach of the family law practice at Dreyer and Associates Family Law will help you navigate the maze of any family law matters. No matter who you are or what kind of family law assistance you require, the seasoned team from Dreyer and Associates Family Lawyers in Surrey, Langley and beyond is here to help you. Fill in our questionnaire and our team will be in touch to see if we can help you.